Leaving hospital with tube feeding or taking home the one you care for, can be a time of mixed emotions. Leaving the hospital might feel like you're leaving round-the-clock care and support. But even at home there is plenty of long-term care and support for you or the one you care for. When you or the one you care for leaves the hospital you will be supported by a tube feeding provider. They will support both adults and children who are tube fed at home.
Most tube feeding companies provide:
- Delivery of tube feeds, oral nutritional supplements, feeding pumps and, feeding equipment directly to homes
- A dedicated team of staff who carry monthly support calls to you and organise the delivery of supplies
- Training, information and support to enable people to tube feed independently at home
- A registered nursing service
- An out-of-hours advice line, which offers support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The tube feeding provider will contact you within the first few days after you leave hospital. This first call is to introduce themselves and arrange your first delivery.